Lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,
but lend me your heart and I’ll just let you fall.
Lend me your eyes, I can change what you see,
but your soul you must keep totally free.
How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes.
I struggle to find any truth in your lies,
and now my heart stumbles on things I don’t know.
My weakness I feel I must finally show.
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die.
And where you invest your love, you invest your life.
What I like to call “The Koala”
A young Kenyan woman holds her pet deer in Mombassa, March 1909.Photograph by Underwood and Underwood
Farm Boy & Puppies, North Dakota (door JC Richardson)
Does it need saying?
things girls are made to feel ashamed of-
- having periods
- choosing what they want to wear on their body
- wanting to/not wanting to have sex
- putting boys in the ‘friendzone’
- standing up against misogyny
- ruining a boy’s life by telling the police that he raped her
- having hair on their body
- not appreciating catcalls
- not appreciating chivalry
- having control over their own fucking body